In the kitchen, you have two opposing elements: the stove representing the `Fire' element and the sink and refrigerator representing the `Water' element. Both elements clash and you must seek a proper balance between the two opposing elements.
In Feng Shui, the Kitchen represents warmth and wealth.
The kitchen should have sufficient lighting, airy and spacious. The picture above shows a gap between the sink and the stove. This is good. The sink represents belongs to `yin' or water element should not be too close to the stove (minimum at least 2 feet away) as it belongs to the `fire' element or `yang.'
Note: As a last resort, if you are unable to provide the 2 feet space, then at least leave a gap between the two appliances.
Ideal not to have the stove (the knobs) face towards the main door. Some stoves (see picture below) have their knobs `facing' the ceiling, this is acceptable or in a `neutral' position:-
For a cooker (see picture below), the knobs should not be facing the main entrance/door as cooking is an important event for the family. Having the knob facing the main door denotes your food is `flowing out' of the house.
For the stove:-
1. It should not face the main door.
2. It should not face the toilet door.
3. It should not face any bedroom doors.
4. Avoid placing it in the middle of the house.
5. Avoid placing it under a beam.
6. It should not be placed below a staircase.
7. It should not be sited on the same wall opposite a bed.
8. There should not be a large window behind the stove.
9. Avoid placing it below a sewerage pipe or immediately above it there should not be a toilet.
10. Avoid placing it at a corner.
11. The kitchen should not be round or irregular shaped.
- Hits: 59657